The incessant ramblings of a slightly off task, disillusioned 20 something...

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Leah, You are not supposed to poop your pants

Oct. 24, 2007

I was at work last night, and one of my residents has slight dementia, but she is super sweet and I love her to pieces :-) Anyway, we were checking her last night and she had messed herself...she was so distraught and upset with herself and started crying.

I wanted to make her feel better.......

So, I told her it was ok, I pooped my pants earlier too, and Nancy made me go home and change my pants because I pooped them. Even I have accidents too. She got a big smile on her face and asked if that was why I had on dark scrub pants, and I told her yes, just in case I had another accident before I left. She gave me a big hug, and I told her I would see her on Monday when I came back to work...

Well, lol, the nurse brought her pills in shortly thereafter, and asked the resident how her night was. She told her about her accident, and then said that Leah had an accident too...but, she was happy that someone else had an accident so she didnt feel so bad anymore.

The nurse came up to me and asked what happened, and I told her, and she started laughing and said "Leah, you are not supposed to poop your pants, you know how rumors fly around this place" lol We were both laughing so hard at that point...We then discussed that the resident is prolly gunna tell everyone today that I pooped my pants...but you know what? Im ok with that rumor going around work (lol cuz its hilarious) because I made an elderly woman who was crying because she had an accident smile cuz she thought that I pooped my pants too :-)

No comments: